Submissions for Publication:
The Journal seeks articles focusing on academic programs or activities with a focus on economic development or that have economic development as a component. Potential topics may include:
- Innovative pedagogical approaches to teaching economic development
- Incorporating outreach/engagement into economic development coursework (i.e. service learning, student projects, etc.)
- Incorporating economic development topics into other courses such as business, finance, public administration, political science, or sociology
- Economic development student outcomes
- Surveys of economic development programs and/or coursework
Several different types of submissions are accepted, including:
Research Article (reviewed by three reviewers): Research articles present concepts and research findings of interest and significance related to economic development in higher education. Research articles utilize primary source data and/or employ rigorous methodologies that support generalizable conclusions.
Promising Practice (reviewed by one or two reviewers): Describe new approaches, innovative programs, or pedagogical methodologies of interest to economic development in higher education. Promising practices present research or data showing positive results, but may not have enough evidence to support generalizable conclusions.
Further information about submitting a manuscript, including author guidelines can be found under the 'ABOUT' tab of this website. Questions about potential submissions should be directed to Brian Richard, JEDHE Editor (email@example.com).