Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file has been prepared in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in the Submission Info on About the Journal web page.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Reviewhave been followed.
- Your submission (the file that is uploaded) includes an abstract of 100–150 words that concisely describes the article and its findings.
- We invite you to become part of the Special Mentoring Program for Emerging Scholars and Scholar-Practitioners. Select this link and click Submission Info to learn more. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Page opens in new window.)
Articles that are accepted for publication will be copyrighted by Teachers College, Columbia University. Philanthropy & Education allows authors the free use of their materials, include pre- and post-prints, as outlined in the author Consent to Publish agreement.