Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it currently before another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is formatted as a Microsoft Word document (.docx).
- If submitting a scholarly article, the submission file is prepared for blind review, including the removal of personal information from the Microsoft Word file's properties.
- The text uses 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one inch margins on all sides; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Where available, URLs/DOIs have been provided for references.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Authors retain copyright of their works and grant Vietnamese and Global Buddhist Studies (VGBS) the right of first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) 4.0 International, allowing others to share the work with proper acknowledgement and citation of the work's authorship and initial publication in VGBS. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g. posting to an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in VGBS.
It is the responsibility of the author to obtain written permission from third-party copyright holders before submitting manuscripts to VGBS.