Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or PDF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
License to the Journal
The Author retains the copyright and grants to the Journal the worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free rights as follows:
- The Journal may publish, reproduce, distribute, display, transmit, archive, and preserve the Article or portions thereof in any manner and in any format through any medium now in existence or developed in the future.
- The Journal may prepare translations, abstracts, and other adaptations or derivatives of the Article.
- The Journal may use the Author’s name, likeness, and institutional affiliation in connection with any use of the Article and in promoting the Article or the Journal.
- The Journal may authorize third-party entities to include the Article, its bibliographic information, and its digital object identifier (DOI) in academic databases and discovery services.
- The Journal may without further permission from the Author transfer, assign, or sublicense the rights that the Journal has pursuant to this Agreement.
- The Journal may publish the Article with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license (CC-BY-NC) in order to maximize the dissemination. Information about the license is available at: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
- This license of rights to the Journal takes effect immediately upon acceptance of the Article after peer review. In the event that the Journal does not publish the Article, this license will terminate upon written notification by the Journal to the Author. To the extent that moral rights may apply to the Article, this Agreement does not affect the Author’s moral rights in the Article.
Rights of the Author
The Author is entitled to the following rights:
- The Author may distribute or re-publish the Article in any format after its publication in the Journal.
- In the event that the published Article includes edits and other contributions by the staff of the Journal, the Author has the right to use such edits and contributions.
Responsibility of the Author
In the event that the Article is re-published in any format, the Author agrees to acknowledge its first publication in the Journal by providing the Article’s bibliographic information and DOI.
Representations of the Author
The Author represents and warrants the following:
- The Author owns the copyright in the Article and has full power to enter into this Agreement and to convey the rights herein granted.
- The Article has not been published before, constitutes the Author’s own original work, does not violate any existing copyright, and is free from all liens and claims.
- The Article does not defame, invade the privacy of, violate the civil rights of, or infringe upon the rights of any individuals or third parties.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold the Journal harmless from any breach of the aforementioned representations.
- If the Article has more than one author, the Author by typing his/her name at the end of the Agreement represents that s/he has the authority to act on behalf of all other authors and will inform the other authors of the terms of this Agreement.