Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The Journal of Public and Environmental Affairs (JPEA) publishes online and in print with the Indiana University Libraries. The print journal is printed by Indiana University Press. This Author Contract presents the terms and conditions necessary for publication with JPEA.
In general, authors retain all rights to works they produce (unless the works were written under a grant or you transferred your rights in writing--if either of these are true you should check to be sure you still own the copyright in your work). Since you have copyright to your work, JPEA needs your permission (also called a license) to publish and archive your work. By signing this form, you give permission as provided below. Essentially, the permission allows JPEA to publish your work, post it online and preserve it for the long term through IU Libraries.
The license you grant JPEA in this contract is non-exclusive, which means that you can enter into other non-exclusive license agreements as you see fit. Like all forms of scholarly publishing, print or digital, some publishers will not want to republish material that has already been published. If you offer your work to another publisher, you should tell them it has been previously published in JPEA.
JPEA will, by default, assign a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 International License (CC-BY-NC) to all published works. However, authors are allowed to choose their own Creative Commons license type, or no license, provided that choice is indicated in the agreement below. Authors are encouraged to learn more about Creative Commons licenses at https://www.creativecommons.org.