Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in RTF, Microsoft Word, or a compatible wordprocessor
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 11- or 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The Center for the History of Music Theory and Literature of Indiana University (the "Publisher") and Author(s) agrees as follows.
1. Publication and Promotion: In consideration of the Publisher's agreement to publish the Work, Author hereby grants and assigns to Publisher the non-exclusive right to print, publish, reproduce, or distribute the Work throughout the world in all means of expression by any method known or hereafter developed, including electronic format, and to market or sell the Work or any part of it as the Publisher see fit. Author further grants Publisher the right to use Author's name in association with the Work in published form and in advertising and promotional materials.
2. Copyright: Copyright of the Work remains in the Author's name.
3. Prior Publication and Attribution: Author agrees not to publish the Work in print form prior to publication of the Work by the Publisher. Author agrees to cite, by author, title, and publisher, the original College & Research Libraries publication when publishing the Work elsewhere.
4. Author Representations: The Author represents and warrants that the Work: (a) is the Author's original Work and that the Author has full power to enter into this Agreement; (b) does not infringe the copyright or property of another; (c) contains no material that is obscene, libelous, defamatory or previously published, in whole or in part, except as follows: ___________. Author shall indemnify and hold Publisher harmless against loss of expenses arising from breach of any such warranties. 5. Licensing and Reuse: Unless another option is selected below, reuse of the published Work will be governed by a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC-BY-NC https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/). This lets others remix, tweak, and build upon the Work non-commercially; although new works must acknowledge the original College & Research Libraries publication and be non-commercial, they do not have to be licensed on the same terms.