Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it being considered by another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or similar format. A template, provided here in Microsoft Word 2007 format, should be used to submit your manuscript for review. Styles and formatting suggestions are provided, but the document will be formatted by the assistant editor prior to publication if accepted. When proposing the publication of a multimedia article, submissions are reviewed in storyboard form in Microsoft Word. This allows reviewers to comment directly to the author about possible revisions and improvements to the design case. An example of a storyboard submission is available here.
- Where available, URLs or DOI markers for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 10-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Multimedia assets can be described, however screen captures and a description of what the asset will include are helpful. All text uses the styles built into the Microsoft Word template.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- IJDL is a peer-reviewed journal. Because of the descriptive nature of design cases, a blind review cannot be guaranteed, and no anonymizing of manuscripts is required prior to review. Author names or affiliations should not be included explicitly in the manuscript, but references and bibliographic information can be maintained without being anonymized.
Copyright © 2012 by the International Journal of Designs for Learning, a publication of the Association of Educational Communications and Technology. (AECT). Permission to make digital or hard copies of portions of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that the copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page in print or the first screen in digital media. Copyrights for components of this work owned by others than IJDL or AECT must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted. The IJDL site and its metadata are licensed under CC BY-NC-ND. A simpler version of this statement is available here.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.