Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Folklore Research?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text (.rtf) document file format.
- The text is double-spaced; has 1-inch margins; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses).
If present, images (including slides) are scanned at a resolution of 300 dpi, in TIF or EPS format. All images are sized to no more than 5 inches horizontally. Low-resolution images (such as those taken from the Internet) are at least 900 pixels across to ensure print quality.
- Images and captions, if present, are not included in the main document, but rather uploaded as supplemental files (Step 4).
- The author's name and brief contributor information (not exceeding fifty words) is uploaded as a separate, supplemental file in Step 4, rather than included in the manuscript.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the JFR Style Guide.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, without prior permission of the publisher.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.